24 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

A long time ago, before I knew that quilting was the enjoyable past-time that it is, I was drawn to the beautiful fabrics that make up the pallets we work with.

This print - believe it or not- was the first piece of Quilting Fabric I ever bought.  I didn't know what to do with it.  I just had to have some.
That year we had an exchange teacher at my Children's School.
Her name was Susan and she was from Colorado.

Realising that she was a very long way from home and her traditions, and that she would be away on school camp on Thanksgiving I knew what to make with this beautiful fabric.
I made her an apron - and she took it to camp and wore it on Thanksgiving Day.

When I look at this remaining piece I am thankful that it took me into a Fellowship that spans the Globe.  One that cuts through the barriers of Race and Colour and Language of Age and Experience.  And I am thankful for the friends I have made.

So to all those who are celebrating today - Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story. I'm sure that wearing that apron is a treasured Thanksgiving tradition for Susan.
    Flossie

    ReplyDelete