9 February 2018

Wedding Flowers Pt 3

The Humidity is proving to be a constant problem.  I had to stop working yesterday as I felt the flowers were softening again. But Thankfully, the Main Bouquet is Finished and Safely 'under wraps' until I can show it off - ON THE CAKE!

It is always a Good Practice to make more flowers than you need - These things are VERY fragile and can easily be broken.

(See what happens when you don't pack the cake properly
in THIS POST)

Today it was time to Play with the 'Leftovers'.

A few Leaves and then some Filler Flowers to start with, then a little Rosebud.

Taping each flower to the next with Florists Tape that goes sticky when you stretch it.



I continued to make Small Sprays using what I had to hand, adding a few extra Blue Forget Me Not blossoms. Because all Brides need "Something Blue".


Taping the Sprays onto a heavier gauge Supporting Wire.

At this time my hands were cramping and my fingers sticky from the Florist Tape, but I was enjoying myself.



After I finished playing I realised that I had a spray that could decorate the Bride's Knife and some very usable pieces that can be placed on the cake if needed.


BONUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment