6 April 2011

My Heart's Desire - Progress report

Detail - Block 1
My Heart's Desire is a free Mystery Block of the Month by the very talented and generous Esther Aliu.

Quilters from across the globe are enjoying the challenge of this Appliqué quilt.  For many of us, myself included, it is our first attempt at Appliqué, so the finer points of 'how to' are eagerly discussed on Esther's Yahoo forum.

We are learning together, sharing tips and tricks and forming friendships at the same time.

According to Esther:- "The theme of this quilt, is "Old Town Folk" style, a place where life is simple, time is plentiful and days are full of sewing and quilting.  This quilt is almost a still life of admiration; the design is purposefully full of understated opulence and richness in detail."

 We HAVE NO IDEA as to what this quilt is going to look like when it is finished.  We have been given the quantity for the backing fabric. And the information that Esther is using the Windham range of fabrics in rusty reds.

The first Challenge - Choose my fabric.
Having just completed a "Red Only" fabric challenge, I was not keen to work on reds again quite so soon, and still reeling from a family sadness, my thoughts were that My heart was 'blue'.  So Blue it is!
I am pleased to say that as I work on this project my blues are becoming more vibrant and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment