14 September 2011

Tying off loose ends....

.....and a performance to end the night.

My Dad's quilt is at the binding stage.  It is sewn on and I just have to find a quiet time in the sunshine tomorrow to hand sew it down.  And not forget to do a quilt label.
I must admit I have not enjoyed making this quilt - maybe because it was rushed I wasn't careful enough with the HST's .  I don't know what happened as I measured and squared them off before sewing the logs to the sides but they still misbehaved.


The evening ended with attending a performance at the Yarra Edge Music Festival.

We were played out of the venue by the haunting sounds of  the Tenor Saxophone in the night air.

3 comments:

  1. Would love to see the whole quilt, it look beautiful.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can't wait to see it all finished either.

    Binding is my favourite sigh of relief in quilt making. But I do know how it feels to work to (or against) a deadline. What happened to your HSTs? Did you use the paper method?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used the paper method for doing HST's and think it is the best way! I didn't this time and just used the old 'draw a line and sew either side' way. I think I 'tidied' the edges a little too neat on some and didn't have enough seam to set them in properly.
    The pattern has great design potential and I am looking forward to tweaking it.

    ReplyDelete