6 July 2011

Shortcuts and Sentinals

I started this morning with the thought..."There HAS to be an easier way".....

Six sentinels each side x 4 sides - 3 leaves per sentinel equals A lot of leaves.

I am all for trying to find an easier - no - more efficient way of doing things and the following was my solution to this months block in.........
"My Heart's Desire - The borders".

First start with a tracing of the completed design

Mark an area where all points are covered
(The diamond in the centre).
That is where I placed a small square of vliesofix.


Placed my prepared shapes over the template








Lightly press.
Sentinels are now ready to sew.

5 comments:

  1. LOL I don't think there is an easy way to this border. It will be like eating an elephant one bite at a time. LOL. It will be wonderful when done. I am hoping I get lots done before Sept 2 my surgery because I will be out of commission for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I had to look up vliesofix up duh what a great idea. I use it all the time but we call it fusible web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't dared start my border yet. I'm still struggling with getting my block 4's done. Glad to have read your tip though. I'll keep it in mind for sure when I get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! I'm afraid there isn't any easier way, its all work work work! But oh -the finsh makes it all worthwhile...!

    ReplyDelete