29 March 2011

Re-inventing the Wheel - or in this case circles!

I have been enjoying being a part of the Mystery BOM “My Heart’s Desire” by Esther Aliu.


The current discussion is on how to make a perfect ring for block 2 and 3.  It is interesting how we are all coming up with different methods to achieve the same result!  We have had many fantastic ideas and suggestions as to how to approach this – This is my discovery.

I have been using my bias makers (after buying a set, I may as well use them!) to make circles and vines for our new blocks.  I have tried several methods and have now hit on this combination of both freezer paper and bias maker.



Simply put, if you iron your bias onto the freezer paper shape as it is coming out of the tool – carefully and not too fast as to stretch the fabric, you will get beautiful curved lengths.

You can now press it with a light spray of fabric spray (we are using ‘Crisp’), or just leave it to set before carefully peeling off the freezer paper and sewing to your block.

It works for me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is something I hadn't seen before. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete