28 March 2013

Corner Baskets...

I seem to have achieved a fair bit on my Heart's Desire Quilt this week.

The first Flange border went on beautifully with no problems and the 10" Appliquéd borders I have been working on and off for about a year are attached.

Then came the task of working out what the best fabric choice for the baskets would be, and after auditioning several fabrics over the week I settled on this lovely 'Basket Weave' design by Robert Kaufman.

For the Heart design on the basket I used fabric from the inner border that surrounds the first block we were given in this Mystery Quilt, and I feel that it has helped tie the quilt together.  Then for the flowers I swapped the Dark Blue that I had used in previous Buds blocks for a brighter Red and I feel that these corners now have that "Pop" that the blue lacked.  Also I replaced the drawn on tendrils (I was never confident about doing them) with another Butterfly.

So it is all coming together and good to see it nearing completion..... And even Spike has decided it may be now to his liking, conceding to come down off his tower and cast a critical eye over the latest additions.






4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see the whole quilt. You keep teasing with little snips of this beauty.love it so far.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wonderful! I want to see more.
    Greetings, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks to be a beautiful quilt.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you want the best seat in the house - move the cat!"

    A quilter's cat's approval is a necessity. :)

    ReplyDelete