5 October 2011

Black & White plus One is.....

FINISHED!
The great thing about challenges is that they have deadlines.

 I always work best when I have a deadline, especially a short one.
So, I have found that it IS possible to put a quilt together in a couple of weeks.
Whether the design has worked is open to interpretation.
It looked OK on the EQ6 drawing board - and if you are wondering - Yes, it is a variation on the Parquetry Quilt I made for my Dad.



It was supposed to have an Art Deco feel to it and is quilted in a circular design taken from an image of a fence railing of the era.
Here's a shot of the back, which shows off the stitching (such as it is).  I thought it needed something else, so I added a few extra rounds in the more open areas, just to keep the batting in check.

5 comments:

  1. A very striking quilt. Like you I work well to deadlines too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING Love it. It's wonderful to see the end result & I’m sure not disappointed. I like what you did witht he quilting too; very art Deco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great and very different. Love the quilting too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! Very graphic.

    ReplyDelete