11 January 2012

January Birthdays

The last two weeks have been taken up with finishing off a couple of UFOs for January birthdays.

Topsy-Turvy Rabbit - now aptly named "Bunny" was started many years ago when I made soft toys for a hobby.  The little girl I was making her for grew up, and away from such whimsy and so she lay,  not quite forgotten - until a new little girl appeared.
As it was to be a gift from my DD, she tried her hand at some sewing to make the TWO dresses required. She quickly learnt that making Dolls clothes was not "Child's Play".

A Topsy-Turvy Rabbit is a toy that has an "AWAKE" face and dress and when turned upside down reveals her "ASLEEP" face and night attire.

Little Miss Turning 5, had never seen such a toy before, and was not quite sure at first, but it did not take her long to work out that 'Bunny' should not be seen in her night clothes .... when it is still daylight!



The other UFO was started more recently and for a much older girl.  I took ONE look at this fabric (Thunder Flower by Alexander Henry) and just had to have some......... I know exactly who it will suit!  The problem was - how to use the fabric to it's full effect.

 A Laptop bag was the obvious choice for an up and coming IT student.  Inside it has 4 pockets and 2 key keepers and enough room for a 15" Laptop. It also gave me the opportunity to try out the buttonhole feature on my Janome 6500 - which I am pretty pleased with!

Would I make another? ....No I don't think so.
                             This bag is Unique - just like it's new owner.

2 comments:

  1. Love that doll it is too darn cute. Adorable is all I can say. Your laptop case is great too. But I love that Bunny better LOL
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, love your cute bunny...reminds me od a doll i still have we called it a topsy-turvy doll all handmade by someones nana. love your laptop bag too! the buttonhole looks great! sue~nz

    ReplyDelete