31 January 2014

Easing back into Quilting - - -

This year I hope to be able to complete the "One Toe Out of the Box" challenge -  intended to better acquaint (members of the Janome 6500 Challenge Group) with our Janome machines.
We have been set a Theme for each month and for January the theme is "SNOW".

After scratching my head for a bit I decided I would try my hand at some raw edge applique.
I found a wonderful Christmas print called 'Funny Santas' by Wilmington Fabrics which suited my idea of doing a Snow Globe. (Poor Santa is bailing out his sleigh after being marooned on a desert Island)

And just to 'keep on track' with the theme I also added a Snow Globe with beautiful golden snowflakes.


1 comment:

  1. I love the golden snowflake fabric...any ideas where you got it? I intend to make a winter-themed quilted for myself at some stage ;)

    ReplyDelete