20 July 2014

Cookies ....

Not totally sure what happened on Friday.
One minute I was happily sitting at my sewing machine and the next I was baking cookies!
Perhaps it went something like this..

"Good that is that part of the Quilt done - time to have a Cuppa and a Cookie - yes I'd like a cookie with that cuppa tea".
No cookies in the jar only crumbs of broken shop bought biscuits.
While the Kettle was boiling I found myself flipping through the pages of the old recipe book.



About 2 hours later I found myself taking the 12th tray  of cookies (Yes, you read right TWELVE) out of the oven.
The thing that amazed me the most was, not that I baked 12 trays of cookies but - I discovered  I actually own 11 cookie trays, and by using every single one of them, I was able to create an assembly line which involved wiping down and putting away the cold trays while there were still cookies baking.

I ended up taking the last batch out of the oven just as DH walked through the door - into a CLEAN kitchen!

HE put the Kettle on
and I FINALLY
got that Cuppa ...
and a Cookie!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I think I've only got two biscuit trays. But maybe I should look down the back of the cupboard to see if there are any more lurking there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Are they all different types of cookies? I must say, that makes me hungry....a cuppa and a cookie sounds like a great idea for a cold wintery day! :)

    ReplyDelete