13 June 2017

Lactose Free Ice Cream anyone?

I have mentioned in other posts that we have a member of the family who is Lactose Intolerant and that the one thing he misses the most is decent Ice Cream.

So, once upon a time, I bought a Compressor Ice-cream machine (so I didn't have to pre-freeze the canister) and tried to make his favourite dessert.

Over the years these efforts have been a bit 'hit and miss'...


But with every failure there is learning -

and as my DD said to me the other day "I have just learnt 200 ways NOT to do something!"


Finding a REALLY good recipe that you can adapt is also an advantage.

As is the range of good quality Lactose Free products that are now available



I don't bother making plain Vanilla anymore as we have an awesome commercial Vanilla Ice cream readily available in the supermarket.

So when I had left over Cream from another recipe - the only question that had to be asked was "What Flavour?"

Choc - Mint please?

Done!

The recipe says "Keeps for 3 days"....
Um....
Not around here it didn't!


While the machine was out I also made a beautiful Chai Spiced flavour and served it with warm Apple Crumble - YUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment