21 March 2019

Temperature Quilt Update

My opening line for this post was to be
"My Temperature Quilt is Plodding along - slowly..."

But then I realised how daft that sounded for, by it's very nature, this is actually a Mystery Quilt that will take all year to complete!

And this project is to be a Quilt for the bed - my walls are warm enough!


I am faithfully recording the Top and Overnight Low temperatures each day and making up my blocks when I get a chance to - usually each week/fortnight....month...
OK well, I have done a month and a half!


The weather has been Beautiful - which means there is not a lot of variation in my blocks and I Have been praying for rain.  Not just for the Water Catchments, or the Bushfires, or even my own Garden..


I am also including an "Atmospheric" component as my background fabric and unless we get 92 days of rain (defined as "Did I get wet today?") I am going to run out of my "Dry Day" background fabric!



I do have a backup plan of "Dreich" a Scottish term for Dull and Miserable for those truly terrible days.
This fabric could add a Windswept element  to the quilt.

It is looking interesting so far - but I am debating with myself...

Should I sew them together in long strips of 22 patches - OR perhaps make up Blocks of 9 patches and sew these together in big chunks?

Decisions...decisions!






3 comments:

  1. Wow, Wendy, it is wonderful! I'm sure however you put it together it will be a brilliant quilt.

    Don't worry about lack of variation so far - winter will arrive soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "atmospheric" addition is very clever! Something I wouldn't have thought of living in a very dry climate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing the autumn and winter months added to this!

    ReplyDelete