16 February 2021

Hexie Headaches

I haven't been too concerned about placement of fabric patterns when cutting the Hexagons.  Most patterns have been fairly random - until now.

With the next row of Flowers I needed a Medium Dark fabric and the one DH chose (Both in the Shop and for this section) needs to be Fussy Cut.

So the first task was to count how many circles I had.       Was there 144? 

A pin in every 10 helped me keep track!

Just to keep me on my Toes 

NOTHING aligned!

Every piece has to be individually marked, measured and cut.

With just ONE medallion to spare there is no room for error!

Yet another headache awaited...

The pattern could not be read from the back of the fabric, so placing the papers became the next challenge.

Using a lightbox didn't work.  I had to place the papers behind the fabric with my work light behind.


Then a pin into the FRONT of the work.

(A tip I picked up from Leesa Chandler who picked it up from ......)

I am now Good to Go with tacking these down.



* * *


And just a bit of Nostalgic Fun.

The things you find "In the Bottom Drawer"

I have no Idea when I bought these.
  
I suspect it was from the Local Haberdashery Shop that closed down circa 1970 and sat like a time capsule untouched for the next 20 Years, when it was bought "Lock, Stock and Barrel" by a Couple who had no idea of the Treasure Trove they had purchased!












1 comment:

  1. Love the old templates! If that was the "new" method, what was happening before? Was the "new" aspect that it included a larger template with the seam allowances, I wonder?

    Have fun with your hexies.

    ReplyDelete