31 December 2011

2011 - The Year in Review

I have found that writing a Blog is very much like writing a Journal that you allow others to read. Some entries are fascinating to others and Some are only relevant to the writer.
It also gives an opportunity to look back and review the Year that Was...
So - What DID I get up to this year?


March 2011
I took a big deep breath, Pressed "Publish" 
and entered the world of Online Blogging

April
The reason behind starting a Blog
was to document my progress with my First Mystery Quilt
"Heart's Desire"

May
With a lot of encouragement from new on-line friends
I participated in my first Link-up with
WOW (Work on Wednesday)
First task to get the Blog working properly!

And YES, it was "On the List"
DH and I Celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary
with a night out at Gilbert & Sullivan's MIKADO

June 
11 Posts this month must mean that I am becoming more comfortable with sharing "what I Do"
and I realise I can help others by writing tutorials.

July
was a Huge month - Physically and Emotionally 
and yet Sewing was still high on the agenda, 
this time making a Costume for my Son to wear to an event he was working at.
*note: 7 years later... this post is still my most viewed

August
My Twin Sons turned 21
And had a WOW of a Party with a Steampunk Theme

September
Working on a Challenge piece for my Janome Group 
I discovered that not all rulers are created equal
- or is it just a little worn out?

October
I shared a Family outing to the Strawberry Farm 
on Melbourne's Mornington Peninsula
And it was Good!

November
Ah - November was VERY memorable for all the wrong reasons
That will teach me for being in a hurry to get to a Craft Show!

December
A time for Family and Celebration and Reflection

Merry Christmas Everyone
and See you in the New Year.







No comments:

Post a Comment