29 May 2013

Making things safe ...

This week's WIP is one that is long overdue.
Another lifetime ago, when my Dad was a lot younger he laid concrete paths around our home.
In the passage of time these paths have been lifted and broken by neighbouring trees.
So the paths are no longer safe for unsteady feet.

Today, DH and I started on making a new ramp and once that is done, we will work towards making the paths safe.

It has only taken 10 years (to convince them to let us do it) and 3 days to DO IT!

2 comments:

  1. Well I know once we all get started on a project it usually goes by and we then sit down and say to ourselves I should have done that ages ago. LOL I am sure you will be happy with the end result.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to convince them - we've been arguing with my grandfather about allowing us to install air conditioning in their house for about 30-odd years and only recently the family bought a modern portable unit which he's grudgingly accepted (though enthusiastically keeps it all to himself on the hot days!).

    I have to say that I am greatly impressed by the handy skills of your family. Brick-path-laying, sewing, concreting...I know who to go to if I ever need some advice!

    ReplyDelete