17 April 2015

Australian Quilt Convention 2015

It was a very early start to the day
But there were others before me


Many of whom didn't stop to admire the glorious Autumn morning
or drag their feet through the crisp, newly fallen Elm leaves.


This is the World Heritage listed
 My destination, and the venue for the 
2015 Australasian Quilt Convention and expo.



Once inside I had a list of people to say "hi" to
like Jan-Maree from Aussie Hero Quilts


and I had a list things I needed to buy or research
(which I actually stuck to!)
some of which I will be reviewing in future posts.


Then I pulled on a pair of White Gloves and a very bright Yellow Apron for Victorian Quilters 
and spent an interesting 2 hours chatting with show visitors
about the quilts on display...


including Lily Rose by Esther Aliu.
Although I have the pattern for this quilt and I have watched it being made, 
I was still surprised by how big it was!


So, if you are in Melbourne (Australia) this weekend - why not come into town and visit this wonderful building while it is full of all things "Quilty" and maybe we could end up sharing the same table and chat over a cuppa tea.

(because I'll be back to do it all again on Saturday!)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy, how lovely that you are able to enjoy the grounds and the quilting. It was wonderful to see Lilly Rose hanging there in all its glory after all its ups and downs. Hope you catch up with lots of friends. Hugs glenda

    ReplyDelete