5 April 2015

Oma lives in a Dutch Cottage

Oma's Blues is, as the Quilt title suggests, a Delft Inspired Blue and White Quilt.

www.delft-art-gallery.com

BUT -
Not all Delftware is just Blue
some have a Blue, Red, Yellow and Green palette.

So with this and similar images as my inspiration I searched for the right fabric.
I decided to use
Leesa Chandler's Dutch Cottage Range of fabric from my stash.

This fabric is now 'out of print', so finding extra yardage was a challenge.


As usual - I couldn't resist tweaking the pattern (a practice that is enthusiastically encouraged by the quilt's designer).

So here is the centre block for my version of Oma's Blues Quilt which I have (playfully) renamed
"Esther's Oma lives in Leesa's Dutch Cottage"




* * * * * *

Footnote:
Esther Aliu (the quilt's designer) and Leesa Chandler (fabric designer) both live in Melbourne Australia and will be at the Australian Quilt Convention at the wonderful Royal Exhibition Buildings from the 16th - 18th April.


No comments:

Post a Comment