12 January 2018

Time to call it a WOMBAT


Yes Friends - this is certainly a momentous occasion.
My first ever WOMBAT.

I have UFOs, but they are all,
in one way or another - Redeemable.



After the Week that I have had, (see last post). 
I have decided Life is far too Precious
 to persevere with a Quilt that I am not enjoying making. 


Not everyone who embarks on a Mystery Quilt is thrilled with the reveal and for those who have stuck with this one and finished it-  I salute you,
    but I will not be joining you.





There are still way too many components to make.
And that is before I can even begin to put the required 50 Blocks together!



I am not going to be discarding the work that I have done so far - MAYBE one day,
I will sit down with EQ7 and design something that I actually DO like with the blocks I have already made.


But for now - it is time to call it Quits - Bag it up - Change "Hats" and Move on.

I have a Wedding Cake to Make!






2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, I'm also struggling with the Mystery Quilt, I only started out to do half the blocks, I've started assembling the blocks and have seen other layouts at Quiltville Open Studio & 2018 Mystery Quilt an Aussie FB group, the layout I'm going for is not on point & with neutral sashing & a ribbon border. Mine will probably be donated once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough! Spend the time doing something you love.

    ReplyDelete