26 November 2018

And SOME DAYS you should just stay in Bed

Band-aids, Panadol and a Good Strong Cuppa Tea was the Order of the Day!

It all started last night when DH was pressing his shirt for work today.

My Old Faithful Iron finally 'Gave up the Ghost' in a blaze of Smoke and Sparks - tripping the Power Safety board in the process.


The Iron will be hard to replace as I have not seen another that can disconnect from the power cord to be used as a Corded/Cordless version and that function is VERY useful!

I feel like I have lost an old friend.

Not feeling like doing any Quilting (requiring pressing) I then decided to do some mending.

I am told that darning the sleeve together while using a Darning Mushroom takes REAL talent!

But my day of pain only got worse.

I wonder how many younger Quilters know that the 'Free Motion Quilting' foot in Grandma's Machine cabinet is actually a Darning Foot.
(I learnt to do this in High School Circa 1970 on a Treadle machine!) 


While doing some 'Old Fashioned' Darning on a pair of trousers, I ran the needle right through my finger.

And then to cap the day off - I found out the hard way that the (backup) Iron was still on...


So Dinner tonight will not involve using anything Hot or Sharp! 
Take Away anyone????





1 comment:

  1. Ouch all round! That was not a good day. I hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete