20 November 2018

Strangers are just Friends we haven't met yet.

On January 19th 2011, with a fair degree of apprehension (taking myself WAY outside my comfort level) I pressed "Post" and Introduced myself to a group of Strangers whose only common denominator was that -
We all had the same Sewing Machine.

I described where I live. Where Melbourne is situated on the top of a Bay (Port Phillip Bay) that "looks like a Head in Profile - complete with a Nose and a Neck"

Friendships formed and Two and a Half Years later I found myself (with DD), sitting in the Kitchen of One of those "Strangers".
 
Being treated to some Southern Hospitality and a Tour of Huntsville Alabama.

July 2016 - My Friend fulfilled a lifelong Dream of visiting The Great Barrier Reef. 
Well, How could I not go and Catch Up? - After all, They were 'In the Neighbourhood'. 

We connected for just One Day but thoroughly worth it!

Today - My DH and I sat in a Coffee Shop in Melbourne with My Friend and her DH reminiscing over that email sent so long ago.

Their Cruise ship was only here for One Day.
We showed them Iconic Melbourne.

Making full use of our Trams, we went to The Shrine of Remembrance, The Botanic Gardens, Queen Victoria Market, Royal Arcade with Guardians Gog and Magog,  and Myer Christmas Windows.

As well as some "Off the Tourist Map" sights of The Melbourne University Buildings.

We quickly came to realise - It is IMPOSSIBLE to show someone ALL of Melbourne in One Day!
There were places we missed


BUT, there was ONE Iconic Melbourne Experience they did get to enjoy -

Our Weather!

Beautiful One Minute -
Soaking Wet the Next!


Leaving them (dripping wet) on Station Pier to continue their Adventure.  We paddled on home for a Hot shower.






1 comment:

  1. How fantastic!

    You managed to fit a lot of Melbourne into one day.

    ReplyDelete