31 December 2018

2018 - The Year in Review

It seems that this has become a yearly ritual - to go back and look through my Blog, choosing just one stand out thing to represent each month of the year we have just experienced.
I find myself saying "WOW - Did I REALLY do all that in just one year?" And then I remember all the things I didn't write about. . . . . 


SO - Here's to 2018!


JANUARY
The year did not start too well with the loss of a beloved Friend to Suicide
and 12 months later we are still asking WHY?
Dr. Brad Stringer

FEBRUARY
All of February was spent making and remaking Flowers for a Wedding Cake.


MARCH
Not much to write about in March as I was ill for most of the month.
I felt like the past few years finally caught up with me.
But we did manage to do a bit of work in the Garden.

APRIL
"My Istanbul"
The applique quilt I made my DS and DDIL for their wedding
 was chosen to be displayed in the "Best of the Best" collection at the
Australian Quilt Convention


MAY
The Garden begged for some more attention.
A tidy up and new pot plants were added until
we can get into it more seriously come Spring.

JUNE
Another busy month which finished
with a lovely evening out at the Melbourne Recital Centre
and a stroll along the River at Southbank.

JULY
I mainly spent July in the Kitchen - baking
but the most memorable event was the
Total Lunar Eclipse


AUGUST
An International Visitor gives us the opportunity
to take a trip along what must be the most photographed road in Australia.
The Great Ocean Road and the 12 Apostles



SEPTEMBER
Another Loss - This time a Favourite Aunt


OCTOBER
Back to Quilting - Making a Start on
Arabic Tiles by Jinny Beyer


NOVEMBER
Living up to our 4 Seasons in a Day Weather
Showing Off My Melbourne
to my Friends from AL - USA


DECEMBER
Congratulations to finish the Year
DS#2's Engagement to his #1 -GF

AND Congratulations also to
DH - Who (after trying all year) has FINALLY been able to Retire!



What Will 2019 Hold?
Whatever it is - I Wish you all
a Happy New Year!




1 comment:

  1. Whatever it is - I wish you and your family all the best!

    ReplyDelete