5 December 2018

Argggh - It's December already

I do this every year - 
Every year December comes around EXACTLY when it should, 
so why does it 'sneak up' on us?

I can't get into the swing of the Festive Season until the last Birthday of the year is Past.
THAT happens on the 3rd December.
I spent all day Monday making Black Forest Birthday Cake - and when I was  finished I was too tired to cook Dinner....


Why? they ask, does She wait until the last minute to bake a Cake?

Unlike these Two who decided to watch Spring turn to Searing Summer through the back door - I had other things to do.


There was Christmas Break-up Lunch and Demonstration at Cake Decorators to attend.

I didn't feel like going but then I never do and once I am there I am glad I went.

It was a fun demonstration. Instructing us on making adorable figures for a Christmas Cake topper.


And then we had some Transport problems which started off with a Fire, which closed Sydney Road and the 19 Tram line for almost 24 hrs.

There was also an issue in the City Loop which stopped all trains going through at the same time a Sell-out Bon Jovi Concert finished.

Trams were packed and sometimes held up. (Note: If you are going to get yourself arrested - It would be greatly appreciated if you don't do it on the tram line!)


So why was it a problem for Us?

We were waiting up for that "Pick us up at the . . ." Call from DS#2 and his GF who were in the City on a Special Date.

Dinner, MSO Concert, Romantic walk along the River, Ice Cream and - a Proposal!

It was a VERY late night!

* * *

Ah Yes - It Is December already!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the happy couple!

    I guess that's another cake or two in your future - engagement and wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely end to your day, they look a lovely couple. Thanks for sharing Wendy Cheers Glenda. PS Your Black forest cake looks wonderful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete