20 January 2019

Flight of Dragons ?

I am used to Predawn noise in the street - Rubbish Collections, The Bus rumbling past, even the Neighbour leaving for an early morning call out.

But today it was different - A Roaring Noise from Above which HAD to be investigated!

While I was eagerly trying to snap photos on my Phone (and berating myself that my Canon with it's telephoto lens is packed away), another Balloon snuck up from behind.
Only alerting me to it's presence by the roar of the Gas heating the canopy.

That made at least FIVE in today's Drift!




I wondered if the neighbour across the road had any idea there was a Balloon hiding behind their Chimney?


It is not the first time we have had Balloons in the area - normally we see them in the distance.

But in September 2006, they were so close and so low, we jumped in the car to see where they were going...

We were delighted to find them landing on the local Football Oval.

We happily chatted to friends who were also woken by the noise overhead, taking plenty of photos to show the sleepy-heads that stayed behind.


It was a Good start to the day!
(Maybe one day I will join them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment