7 February 2019

Getting Back into Quilting - ALMOST. . .

The Garden Reno is as finished as it can be for the moment, and it was way too hot to be out there anyway - so I thought it would be an idea to get started on my New Quilting Adventure for 2019.

I have resisted Quilt Fads (Like Jelly Roll Quilts etc) but the Temperature Quilt has sparked my Interest and I thought I would give it a go.  So from January One I have been taking note of the High and Low Daily Temperatures -

I have collected a range of fabrics from my Stash which I think will be appropriate. And I have worked out a pattern - as none that I have seen online have been suitable.
So with all my things around me I settled down at my work table . . .

Oooooh! (Says newly retired DH) seeing you have your machine up - Would you take up my new trousers.  And while you are at it . . .

 ...could you do something with my Pockets?

How many Trousers are there?
One needing Hems and Three that need Pocket repairs.
(8 pockets in total)
You are Kidding? 
No?

How does this happen?


Well - patching was not an option - And my valuable Quilting time went 'out the window' when I picked up the seam-ripper.

As I handed them back to him I only had TWO things to say...



1. You owe me BIG time.
and - 
2. You are VERY lucky I did not use "Itty Bitty Kitty" Fabric in there!




2 comments:

  1. Now that the mending is done, I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle the temperature quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I swear I do more mending or hemming or my dad's clothes than I do my own. But I cringe at the idea of him paying $20 or so for a job that I can generally do better.

    There have been a couple of times that the rips weren't repairable, so I absconded with the fabric with plans to make a patchwork tote bag for me to take to work. So I suppose it's not too bad a trade.

    ReplyDelete