31 December 2019

2019 The Year in Review

As I began to look back for my "Year in Review" I came to realise there were a couple of things I hadn't had time to Document .
For my records - I will add them at the end.

JANUARY
DH has just retired and I start the year 
showing him the hidden parts of where we live



FEBRUARY
We planted up a Garden and watched and Hoped it would grow 
and be beautiful for DS#2's Engagement Party



MARCH
I said Goodbye to my Faithful Mitsubishi Magna
and HELLO to Bessie - A brand new Subaru Outback


APRIL
I got a long overdue update to my sewing room
Beautiful big work-space for my Quilts.

MAY
I must have been doing Other Things but took time out
To Celebrate National BEE DAY


JUNE
We got quite destructive - Multiple Projects all happening at once
Removing Trees, Fences and the Contents of the Garage...
I learnt 2 new words - Bifurcation and Efflorescence
Both needed to be dealt with!


JULY
The Fencing Contractor went MIA and the Garage Floor had Issues
 so we distracted ourselves by working on a new FRONT Garden.


AUGUST
More drama and setback with the Garage and the Fence
We were SO happy that we had signed up for a Top End Escape earlier in the Year.


SEPTEMBER
The Iconic Aussie Train Trip on board THE GHAN
What an Adventure!

OCTOBER
We Got our Fence back.
Which meant we could replace the Garden, Build a Shed and 
Re-purpose some Junk that was laying about the place.


NOVEMBER
Was Queen Bees and Pollinator Week
Wedding Cakes and The Whittlesea Show


DECEMBER
Our Garage Project is Finished.
Christmas with Family and Friends
and a Time to Reflect on the Year that was.


But wait - There's More
Other Distractions


JUNE
DS#1 & DIL (R&J)

They bought their Block of Land
March 2017 and waited.
Title was granted and Building began September 2018
We were constantly updated with WIP photos
and Finally on the 29th June 2019
They moved in to their "Forever Home"



JULY
DD& SIL (S&E)

Advised us via Text that there was 
an addition to the Family

Apollo
He is a Siberian Forest Cat
and very keen to grow into his luxurious whiskers.

Big Sister Artemis is NOT amused! 


AUGUST to NOVEMBER

My Mother's back Verandah was an accident waiting to happen.  
With a little persuasion and a few 'home truths' she conceded to replacing it with something more ...comfortable.


DS#2 & DILE (W&E)

AND all the while there is a Wedding being planned for next November.

Wedding Reception Venues to look at Gowns to find and Expos to attend and not to mention the Hunt for a Home.


It has been a VERY big year.




2 comments:

  1. It was a big year. All the best for the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help thinking that your 2020 is going to be just as big a year!

    ReplyDelete