11 January 2020

House Hunting

DS#2 is currently House-hunting, which is quite the adventure.
They have researched some beautiful places.
This Pretty little Cottage in Brunswick would suit them just fine - but at $1.7 million it is a BIT (Lot) out of their Budget!

Yesterday we viewed a much more affordable property.
And we discovered very quickly just WHY it was $1.2 m cheaper!

This is the Kitchen/Lounge area as viewed from the bathroom door.
We are wondering just where the furniture is supposed to go!
We now come to the Pantry -
at a guess it is a "very spacious" 1000 mm x 400 mm (DS was not able to squeeze between the shelf and the wall)...

It may JUST hold their Coffee paraphernalia and Gourmet Tea Collection.

And maybe a tin of biscuits?

But not much else.

My DH thought the Cupboard beside the Fridge recess was the Pantry, after all it was about the same size as the Fridge recess but that turned out to be
the Laundry room!

It bewilders me as to just HOW someone is supposed to wrangle a Washing machine into that space.

And this brings our tour of this "Spacious Unit", "Suitable for a Retired Couple, or even a Young Family" to the Main Bedroom.

With double Wardrobe and Built in Hot water Storage Unit - Hey WHAT?

The photograph says it all - One Third of the Built in Robe (that you are supposed to keep Clothes in) houses a Tank Full of Boiling Hot Water......

I managed to get to the Car before erupting in a fit of Giggles that lasted until someone handed me a VERY strong Coffee!


--- The Hunt continues......







2 comments:

  1. Oh, my!

    So glad I'm not at that stage of life any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good heavens! It reminds me of when I looked at some units a few years before I ended up buying the block of land where I did. The layouts and buzzwords of advertising the most shocking little dingy places almost made me give up on the thought of ever owning my own home.

    I can't believe some of the gall of people wanting such ridiculously high prices for such shockingly small houses. Location might mean a lot to some people, but I would rather a nice house a few suburbs further out than a glorified shack in a trendy location.

    I hope the search has been better since this post!

    ReplyDelete