31 January 2020

Fry-day


They said it was going to be 41℃ today
So I got out early and gave my new Garden beds a good watering to help them through the day.

The water mist looked beautiful in the rising sunshine.

It didn't get to 41℃



No, currently it is sitting on 42.8℃

Good to see that someone at the Weather Bureau thinks it  "FEELS  like 38.2"

[FYI: as I am doing a Temperature Quilt, this day last year, we had a Min of 17℃ and a Max temp of 22℃]



And for all my readers in the Northern Hemisphere that may be snugly tucked up with a cosy fire and some hand Quilting
I have done the conversion for you....

There is another dust storm on the way
followed by Rain
and a Bushfire outside of Ballarat


I managed to made a weeks worth of my Temperature Quilt Blocks before the air-con decided it was too hot to work so "downed tools and packed up for the day"

It is too sticky to sew anyway.....


Just as well we have some good old fashioned fans as backup, only problem ... 
the cat is frightened of them!




1 comment:

  1. It only got to 40.3 here, which was hot enough. It is still around 39 point something at nearly 6pm.

    Your garden does look good in the early light with added water.

    ReplyDelete