4 February 2020

Working with Colour

It all started when I found an easy pattern on line that used a packet of Jelly Roll Strips.
I don't know why, but I have several and they are VERY bright.  One in particular goes by the Title of "Northern Lights" - 
Should be a nice break from my Temperature Quilt.  


I had decided also this year, to not buy any fabric and just work from my stash.
That resolution failed after 3 hours of searching through my very neat piles of fabric and realising that I have "Too many Principles and not enough Cast"! 
- I had NO background fabric.

Road Trip!

I scurried down to GJs in Fairfield as I had a fair recollection that, in their "Great wall of Fabric" there was an awesome variety of Batiks.

I was not wrong. 


With that sorted all I had to do was decide what ACCENT fabric to use for this selection of colours



At this point I asked DS#2 his opinion.

His response was to give me a One Hour tutorial on Colour Theory using the Colour Wheel that I found online.

It's not perfect, but after all it was a child's colouring sheet.








He found a better one.







and apparently I need an Orange/Yellow.




This is going to take me way out of my 'comfort zone' but after all- 
Isn't that the point of working with Colour?







3 comments:

  1. adding sunshine is always a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. DS is right, the yellow orange will make a great accent in small doses, it will certainly add zest to the otherwise very peaceful and harmonious analogous colours you have (which are also beautiful as they are). But an hour? Sounds like a very thorough explanation, I hope you were interested! :D Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous egg-yolk 'gold' colour.

    Looking forward to seeing this quilt in progress (and finished too, when you get to that point)! ;)

    ReplyDelete