26 February 2020

I found the Quilt Bug!

When I planted my Pollinator Garden I had hoped for some Blue Banded Bees and a few Beneficial insects.  I was not prepared to find this Visitor sitting on a piece of Floral Fabric in my Scrap Bin...

"Well Hello - What are YOU doing here?"

From a bit of research we have determined she is most probably a Clown Beetle.

Saprinus cyaneus cyaneus (Fabricius)



Regardless of your beauty and affinity for fine fabric -

You belong in the garden - so off to acquaint yourself with the Hollyhocks!

With that distraction out of the way I settled down to do some more of my Temperature Quilt.

I had hit a 'road block' when I could not settle on an appropriate print to represent the Winter months

Having found a Print with Seagulls against a Pale Grey Sky - I was "good to Go"

Just had to go back into the already constructed blocks and change over my "Autumn" fabrics ...

Today I should be passing the Mid-way point of the year and leaving the Teals behind for the Cool Blues of Winter.

Hoping to keep ahead of the calendar - the plan is to at least get the top finished  by June 25.
Well, that's the plan......






Linking with cleverchameleon

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful beetle. Your temperature quilt is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving what you have going in the temperature quilt so far. The fabrics are fabulous. Cool looking beetle too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beetle find is fascinating, it doesn't even look like it should be a living critter. I like how your temperature quilt is coming together. :) Thanks for sharing at the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your temperature quilt looks great - I've just started one for this year and finding it a lot of fun. The beetle is a beauty - as you say, much better outside than in!

    ReplyDelete