5 March 2020

Finding Enough Fabric

And I thought I had seen the last of Teal for a while ...
Just as well I like the colour!

The Quilt is showing just how mild our Winter was last year with 66 days in the 11-15℃ High temperature range as well as 51 in the low meaning lots more teal needed to be cut.

We had 92 days where the minimum temperature was between 6-8℃ so lots of Dark Blue and also Green 16-20℃

So all my temperature pieces are now cut and ready to blitz the rest of the quilt

Time to focus on the "Atmospheric" component pieces.
I knew I had enough fabric for my Rainy Days which was good because, being a directional fabric I have a lot of left overs all  going the wrong way -

Unfortunately I can't say the same for my Dry Day Fabric.

If I keep going the way I have been I will only be able to cut 91 pieces from my fabric and although I did find a scrap square I am still going to be 3 days short.

Fortunately I haven't cut the strips for these pieces so I created a pattern and marked up a cutting plan.

If I cut the strips 6" instead of 3" I can cut 97 pieces from the fabric and the 4 from the scrap piece I have the 101 that I need.

WHEW!




Linking to:cleverchameleon



2 comments:

  1. Okay. That's just too much math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I hate it when you have to get that careful to get enough pieces, but at least it was still possible! Well done! Thanks for sharing at the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete