21 March 2020

In a Bind

I cleared the decks and pulled out a quilt that has been patiently sitting on the chair waiting for it's binding. 

This is a Winter Quilt and it is for me, so there has been no hurry to get it finished.

Somewhere somehow, between the last Quilt I bound and this one I have managed to forget how to do turn corners on the binding.

Time to (find a computer that is not being used) and hit U-Tube to refresh my memory.

Then somehow I miscut the strips I needed. 
My calculations said I needed 9 strips and I duly cut 3 from one scrap and 4 from another 3+4=9 that is right! - No? - Oh!
Fortunately I have more fabric.

Then the ONE THING you don't want is to end up with a join on a corner........

Pull it out - cut some off -
join in more - sew again
don't forget
add the extra 2 strips


THIS is what happens when people are home when they should be at Work!

Praying for a Cure!





2 comments:

  1. I remember how to turn the corners, but the one thing I can't remember without looking it up is how to do the last join in the binding.

    It is much easier to sew without other people around though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly an experience having everyone underfoot ALL of the time.

    It seems we've survived Week 1 without too many issues. Fingers crossed Week 2, 3 and beyond smooth the way through until there's an effective cure and a vaccine to help prevent it!

    ReplyDelete