20 February 2020

New Chair - Old Chair

Have you ever had that sinking feeling when you sit on your Office/Sewing Chair and it sighs into the carpet?
No - you haven't had too many TimTams with your Cuppa!

Chances are the Gas-lift on your chair has failed.

A trip to Officeworks to replace your chair ends in frustration and confusion or great expense.

$279 for a new chair and the dilemma as to how to recycle/dispose of the old one ... OR





Fix It!

After all it is JUST one bit that is not working - everything else is FINE!

$15.00 for a new Gas Lift

5 mins watching a "How To" video

a Rubber Mallet (of course we ALL have one of those - I do...)

and some WD40


basically once DH admitted to needing the WD40 (lubrication)

the Job was done!

I now have a "New" Chair
and I can eat as many Tim Tams as I like without feeling guilty   :D




2 comments:

  1. Hooray! It is good to know that the gas lift is replaceable. I've learnt my one thing for today now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I've had that happen more times than I care to remember. It's rather depressing when it does though, because we all wonder if we've suddenly hit the weight limit of the chair! Rarely is that the cause though.

    My current desk chair at home has a different problem that I'd never thought would be an issue - the back rest no longer supports the back. There's a lever which used to enable it to lean back if you want or sit upright. Well, that lever ceased to function some years back, and the back 'support' simply leans all the way back if you apply any amount of pressure on it. So I'm forced to perch upright using my own spine...which I can't help thinking isn't such a bad thing, so I haven't bothered to replace it yet.

    ReplyDelete