13 January 2020

IF I Plant it - Will They Come?

That was the Question when I started planning and planting my Pollinator Garden.



And Yesterday, while I was sitting watching a Honey Bee get a drink from the Bird bath



I heard HER -
I got SO excited I think the neighbours would have wondered what the kerfuffle was all about. 

You can't see her in this photo - So I will zoom in!


My very first sighting of a BLUE BANDED BEE in MY Garden!

The Photo does not do her justice - Those Blue stripes were Iridescent in the Sunshine.



Female Blue Banded Bees have 4 Blue stripes - Boys have 5.
They are Native to Australia - to find out more about them Visit 







2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Well done, the pollinator garden is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was equally excited when I saw the first blue-banded bee in my garden too :D

    ReplyDelete