7 April 2020

I'm Still Here...

3:30 pm on a Tuesday afternoon in the middle of School Holidays the Local Shopping Center should be a bustle of tired parents with irritated children being dragged around for new shoes or the obligatory haircut.

Today it is eerily deserted.

Local Playgrounds became an Oasis for Children and their Parents who have wanted to get out of the house.

Last week the Council closed ALL of them.

(Oddly this is the first time in 40 years that I have seen people actually respecting a playground barrier.)



So Paddington, who has kept watch from my bedroom door since I was 17, has decided it is time to do his bit to cheer the Children in the street, by joining the Bear Hunt.

(He has recently been joined by little Prayer Bear)

In all of this 'New Normal' there is still a Household to run and an elderly Mother to assist and I find myself wondering where all this 'Spare Time' is supposed to appear from...

So, in precious moments that I can call my own.

I have been working on my Temperature Quilt

While listening to "The Secret Garden" (a free Audio Book) I passed through Winter and into Spring.
12 Sections of 25 Blocks finished and now 'Just' 70 more blocks to go.

The End is in sight!



1 comment:

  1. I haven't been near a shopping centre for the last couple of weeks. That picture is quite amazing, though!

    Your temperature quilt looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete