9 June 2020

Old Tech - New Tech


I have a Storm Glass.
 
DD made it for me when she was doing her Chemistry Degree.   

Last night I noticed that The little Storm Glass was forming Crystals in the bottom of the Tube.


This means - It was going to be Frosty!




Today I checked the Weather Report on my Phone - and well look at that!

1.5 Deg Celsius

With a "Feels Like" Temperature of -1.6℃


I wander across the Street to the Playground  - (where I am sure to get a good photo)

and BEHOLD!

There is Frost!





* * *

And I have the greatest respect for the driver that left my Veggies on the Porch at 1:18 am this morning.

Whoever you are - THANK YOU.










2 comments:

  1. The storm glass is interesting! I wonder what it would have done here, where the temp was -3, and the apparent temp a few degrees lower than that.

    I'm glad the package deliverer didn't wake you up to sign for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often dream of having a storm glass...but it shall have to wait until I have a suitable glass-door cabinet for such a precious thing, because after my cat broke my glass kettle within my first year of adopting him, I don't trust him anywhere near such items!

    ReplyDelete