6 August 2020

Bridge Out No More

DH and I  have not been down to the Creek Walk since Covid-19 infiltrated into our small corner of the Planet. 
With shutdowns, Working from home and other restrictions it seemed that "Every Man and His Dog" all want to walk it's Paths at Once - and Let's just say it got a bit crowded down there!


Yesterday we ventured out to see what has changed if anything in the Last few Months.

The Formal Bike Paths and worn foot trails are still there and a beautiful Ford which of course you can't cross when it is flooded.

There are signs that there Used to be a Bridge, or perhaps it was just wishful thinking by whoever designed the bike path.  

Which led up to and away from the Creek but not OVER it.


The Last time we ventured this far we were met with activity of the Building Variety.

A new path was being installed. 

Maybe some lighting too?


We are currently restricted to "Exercise Outside for One Hour" and I was keen to fill my Lungs with Fresh Air that only Trees can Give.

But what do we Spy across the trail?


We had hoped that one day they would build a Crossing.

A small Wooden Bridge to get us from one side to the other without getting wet.

This was WAY MORE Engineering than I ever imagined!


This Bridge will handle everything that Foot Traffic and Nature can throw at it.

I recon that it will withstand the most ferocious Floods and determined arsonist*.



I can't wait for them to finish it - And when it is finally open I will dust of my Bicycle and Pump up it's Tyres and Go for a Ride!

And by then I sincerely Hope and Pray that I can spend more than an Hour doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Wowee! They're certainly making sure it'll withstand whatever Mother Nature tries to throw at it!

    ReplyDelete