17 December 2020

So along came a Mystery

A bit of background to the story.

Way back in September, when Lockdown 4 was a thing... I decided I needed a distraction from all things COVID and Wedding and Babies.


And what should land in my inbox but "Jemima's Quilt Mystery".  I like Mysteries - they take me out of my comfort zone and challenge me to do new things.

I have pondered about and dabbled with EPP/Hexies for a bit over the years and never settled on something "Serious".   

So here I go, dive in and commit to "Not quite your Grandmother's Flower Garden" project.

First hurdle that I stumbled at was that None of my fabrics met the brief! 

I could not find any fabric that looked good together in 'Colour' and also met the Light, Med-Light, Med-Dark, Dark values when looked at in Grey scale.

I even refolded and colour sorted the ENTIRE fabric stash.
 
DH helping with some extra shelves in the cupboards to "Make look Good". 

It all looks lovely but no joy on the brief.

I sent out an SOS to an online Quilt shop for help and unfortunately the fabric still hasn't turned up. 

So when lockdown ended I went shopping at a (B&M) Quilt Shop where we spent 2 hours choosing the right Value fabrics.


Here I am, 

Starting 5 Clues behind 

and questioning my sanity once again.




2 comments:

  1. That looks like a bit of an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha but your craziness is why we get along so well! :D

    I always love seeing your fabric stash. So beautifully organised and catalogued.

    ReplyDelete