1 September 2022

Sorry Santa.

It was December 2014 when I posted that DH had (bless him) told me to take over the Lounge Room for a dedicated Sewing Room. And in that Sewing Space was the Feature Wood Burner Fire Place.  All cleaned and prepped and ready to light one day. . .

Well - One bitterly cold July day with the wind coming "straight off the Antarctic" we thought it would be nice to light the fire.

Bad Idea - Very, VERY Bad idea.


Instead of a nice warm glow my Sewing room filled with Black Smoke. There was so much that we could not see the fireplace from the door.
This was the last straw in a very long list of my growing dislike of the fireplace - It has to go!

* * *

It is not just the fireplace - It is removing the Chimney as well - which has issues of it's own in the Driveway.  Lets just say I don't back the car up the drive if I am tired.

This is NOT a DIY job (note the Underscore NOT).  This needs professionals and permits and scaffolding and a whole heap of other things.

I am very happy to let someone else do this one.

So - Sorry Santa, I will leave the "Magic Key" out for you. 

Or you can just outsource my pressie delivery to Australia Post!




No comments:

Post a Comment