15 September 2023

Our Poor Tree . . .

When we purchased our House the street was lined with Flowering Prunus Trees that sent Pink "Confetti" everywhere on Hot Spring Days.  Those Trees had been planted almost 40 years before and 4 years later ours just .. fell down.

The council sent us a letter giving a choice of replacement and we chose the "Pink Tipped Callistemon" with its Pink tipped leaves and Yellow Flowers. 

That was 39 years ago.

In the ensuing years I have watched it grow, grumbled about where they planted it, Saw it pruned and have it's roots ripped up by Path replacements.    Once a Large branch got torn off it's side by a careless Skip Bin driver.

The other day I noticed that the bark wasn't looking so healthy and there were bugs underneath - I was concerned and thought about contacting the council but I had a meeting to attend so my call would have to wait.


On the way home, I received a text from DH saying "Don't Park under the Tree".

Apparently, while I was away the Poor thing got hit by a removal Van ripping yet another branch off.

The Council came to remove the branch off the Road and promptly decided that it was too dangerous and Sick to stay.

Their Notice Read 
"White Rot to Main Branches. 
Risk of Further Fail Likely"


We are currently waiting for them to come and take it out and replace with a New one. 

I just hope that...

1. They plant it in a better position this time and

2. They don't come when it is in Full Flower - Because that is when the Bees are there!


No comments:

Post a Comment