1 November 2012

Cat in the Hat rescues Quilt...

This time last week I posed two questions, and received some great suggestions back, but ultimately it was my decision.
And that decision was..... 
...Pull it out - and do it again!

My Dad would say, If a job is worth doing it is worth doing well, and that applies to Quilting as much as it does to your daily 'Desk Job'.
So the Orange got tossed in the Scrap basket and the search began for the right fabric.

I was chatting to the ever helpful team from Logan's when I spied the "THAT'S IT" fabric sitting on the back of the stand at the craft show last Saturday.

This Dotty Blue Background from the Cat in the Hat range was perfect for the style of Quilt that I wanted to achieve.

The blocks went together reasonably well considering the (hideous) amount of bias seams that were involved.

...I saw a bug... and I jumped on it.....
The family all like the new colour scheme  and have been making comments about what it could represent -
(it even got Spike's seal of approval).



But the best came from DS#2 who stated :-

"Mum - That's what happens when you drop a "Bugs in Bottles" Quilt!



4 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like a lot of people had a lot of fun????? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it came out great!! I like the new blue color!! It really did make a big difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it sure looks great I love the new fabric.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Saw a bug and jumped on it"...I love that! It just suits the expression on his cute kitty face :-)

    ReplyDelete