27 July 2018

Vic Quilt Showcase 2018 - 25th Anniversary

It is Craft and Quilt Show in Melbourne, and my favourite time to renew old acquaintances, stock up on necessary 'Quilty' products and pat the beautiful fabrics before succumbing to their charms.

Weaving my way through the maze of Vendors I arrived at Quilt Showcase and Two hours of White Glove/Quilt Angel duty.
Apologising that I couldn't give more time I was told -"If everyone could spare just two hours it would make a huge difference."

The Quilts were many and varied - I didn't have a quilt finished for this year and (I couldn't resist taking this photo) maybe I was missed?

It was a temptation to add a sign "Reserved for YOUR Quilt 
next year"

Without Quilts to put on display - There would be no Quilt Shows.

And at just 92cm x 134cm "The Apprentice" by Julie Adamson proves that it does not have to be a BIG Quilt to win Best of Show.

Congratulations Julie!





3 comments:

  1. I was there on Thursday. It doesn't look very busy in your photos - or did you just wait until there were no people around to take your photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to wait until people are out of shot or at least unidentifiable if I want the photo for my Blog.

      Delete
  2. I think a sign saying "Reserved for YOUR quilt next year" is a great idea. I feel that many of the quilts are so beautiful and often ornate that it might be dissuading people from entering theirs because they don't think it's up to the necessary level of skill.

    Perhaps the quilt shows need an "achievable quilts" section (no prizes for it?) that encourages even first-time quilters to offer theirs for display. A bit like the "Small Achievable Gardens" section at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show.

    I love your new fabrics ;)

    ReplyDelete