25 July 2018

The Rest of July ...

has been taken up with some Quality Time in the Kitchen.

I have finally conquered my Nemesis which is Pastry!

All I needed was the right instructions and I was making Lime Tarts with Italian Meringue and Candied Citrus, Pumpkin Pie - Aussie Style and Blood Orange Tarts.

I also learnt to make Singapore Orchids at a Special Cake Decorating weekend with Guest Demonstrator Helen Dissell.

I am looking forward to her visit next year, when we are planning on doing an entire workshop on just colouring flowers.


While looking for something in the Pantry I came to realise I have too much Honey left over from last year's flow - so I made a large batch of German Gingerbread which barely dented my supply.

And - of course - July sees us at the 'Business End' of Masterchef Australia.  

This year we have been treated to some wonderful contestants and I couldn't resist making Sashi's Apple Pie with Cinnamon Ice cream (of course my version is Lactose Free.)

The recipe is available on the Masterchef website. It was surprisingly easy to make and the Ice cream was SO velvety smooth.

And with the leftover Apples - I turned them into Apple Crisps by dehydrating them in the Oven when I had finished the days baking.  

They took less time to disappear than to make, but isn't that the case with most things?


Well, that just about catches me up with July. Apart from today, which saw me heading to the Airport to collect a special visitor, who just happened to time her trip from TX-USA in time for Quilt Showcase!




 

2 comments: