11 September 2019

Another Adventure - Day 1

Time for a New Adventure

I always seem to end up sitting behind the Wing - a noisy seat to have but with Noise Cancelling Headphones clamped on my ears, it is not too bad - You can get some awesome Photographs.

Taking to the Skies, this time in Australia's very own "Flying Kangaroo"


How many International Readers know that QANTAS actually stands for Queensland And Northern Territory Air Service?


We flew across our Mighty Outback.
Which wasn't as arid and barren as I thought it would be.

There are Rivers and Lakes and IF they actually had water in them, our country would be a different place.

It takes a special type of person to call the Outback "Home".



Four and a Half hours in the Air saw the scenery change dramatically.

We were touching down in Australia's Top End.


I have grown up with my Father's stories of "When I was Up Darwin", so I was unsure how I felt.

Looking out onto Darwin Harbour - knowing that he was here on the 19th February 1942


The Smoke today is from Bushfires - back then it was the First and most devastating of the Japanese Air raids.

 - The Bombing of Darwin.


My Father has now gone and his stories will never be forgotten, but the Sun has set on that chapter of our History.

I  am here to write my own "When I was Up Darwin" stories.




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I have been to Darwin but I know it has changed a lot since my trip. I will look forward to your posts about your adventures in the north.

    ReplyDelete