2 November 2019

HRH - Queen Bee

DD's Bee Hive needs some maintenance, but at the moment there is a more urgent problem.
The Girls swarmed and DD has not observed any evidence of a New Queen.

One had to be urgently acquired and currently they are hard to find.

Thursday, I received an excited phone call from DD.
"We have found a Queen!"

Only problem is, they were a 3 hour drive away from home on the way to a well earned extra-long weekend adventure.


Collecting Her (and attendants) from the Beekeeper was easy enough - but,

DD was concerned that the Hive may not survive much longer without a Queen.  It was time for me (and DH) to "Suit up" and deliver HRH into her new home.

I wish I could say it was a painless manoeuvre but sadly not - seems I need my own gloves!



1 comment:

  1. Gloves definitely required! I've seen people work with bees with bare hands, but I wouldn't be that brave.

    ReplyDelete