27 November 2020

28 Days and Counting.

 We Did It!

Well Done Melbourne, Well done Victoria!



We have watched the Graphs - We have been obsessed with Statistics.
Never before have People been so enthusiastic about Zeros

Never before have Donuts been so popular!

0 - New Infections

0 - Active Cases

0 - Deaths

0 - Rolling 14 Day Average

And Today we marked 28 Days of no new cases, 
making Victoria now "Covid-Free"


It has been hard.  It has been inconvenient, 
but We as a Community have pulled together to achieve this.  
From 725 Daily Active Cases on July 30 to "Elimination" in just 4 months! 

Personally - I am SO over Hand Sanitizer and Facemasks but I will do whatever has to be done to keep my Family and my Community Safe.

We are not so Naïve as to think this has gone for good.  It hasn't, and until we have an effective Vaccine, there will be outbreaks that will need to be contained.

But for now, we can start to take tentative steps to a Covid-Normal.



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree with you. There's a lot if complacency abounds, but my family won't risk it because we care too much for each other, our friends and their families, and the greater community.

    Mind you, as someone who used to travel to work on public transport every day, I am looking forward to using my masks during winters even when the risk of covid19 is no longer present.

    ReplyDelete