3 November 2020

This Week...

Can you take the hem up for me please?

I am used to being asked to take Hems up.

4 inches off the bottom of a Petticoat should not normally send me into Panic Mode.


And then just a Rolled Hem to finish it off.

I have done them Many Times, 
in another Life - when I was making Costumes for Toys.

But THIS was no ordinary Hem.

This was the Inner hem of Her Wedding Dress.

One of 7 Petticoats  
and She kept stepping on it. 
So it needed to come up.


* * *

Mum..  
Can you Sew a Lapel Mic into the Dress?
You can take the Clip off so it can't be seen.

Oh and the cord for the receiver has to be somewhere easy to access . . .

* * *


Can You make something with This?

Guipure Lace from my Mother's Wedding Dress and Chantilly from my Grandmother's.

Perhaps for your Hair-combs?


Maybe not for my Hair - I have another Idea.

Masks are Mandatory.
Even for Weddings, (don't worry, we are allowed to remove them for Photos)

I think this Works!
Mom and Grandma won't be forgotten.


* * *


Being Mother of the Groom and Stand-in for the Mother of the Bride means that this could not be done without a List.

Actually - Many Lists...

Some of My Lists even have their Own Lists...

We WILL get there!



1 comment:

  1. I love the lace-covered mask! It will become a special memento/heirloom piece.

    Best wishes for getting it all done in time for the big day!

    ReplyDelete