28 November 2020

Marvellous Melbourne.

The Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show in collaboration with Melbourne Polytechnic is proud to partner with the City of Melbourne to bring 'URBAN BLOOMS' to life.

Yesterday was the last day to see the Floral installations which dotted the City Landmarks, Laneways and Boulevards.
 
I started at the Old Treasury Building.
  
Where we were invited to take a "Walk down the Garden Path".  

As a temporary Art Installation it was well done - As an Idea for a small Garden, it was Brilliant!

Further down Collins Street entitled "Lights, Camera, Action", was the Red Carpet of thousands of Roses at the Regent Theatre. 

Moulin Rouge is set to Open here in the New Year.


I stopped by the Town Hall. 

Although not on the List of installations - It has it's own gorgeous permanent display of Delphiniums, Salvias and Foxgloves.

Next on my List - 

Our Iconic Flinders Street Station.
This one is called "The Arch of Resilience"

I wish I could have seen it when it was fresh, today it looked rather sad in the 35℃ heat.


Across Princes Bridge to the Art Centre where the Garden filled with Gerberas Called "Checked Reflection" sits under the shadow of the Art Centre Spire.

The artist stated that the installation which will change and grow over the Week, works to highlight the growth that Melbourne needs to do as a Community post Lockdown to come back stronger than before.

'Bringing Colour to Life' celebrated the Journey of Flowers from Farm to Florist.  
A kaleidoscope of Colour had the Evan Walker Bridge blooming into a field of Chrysanthemums. Representing the pathway back to the Colourful and Cultural Events for which Melbourne is renowned.


Overhead in Degraves Street hung an Ominous Cloud.

"Perfect Storm" represents Melbourne's temperamental Weather through a Cumulous of Floral Clouds.


I left this display and headed off to the GPO in Bourke Street.  I didn't quite get there, along with many more on my list. Just one morning was not enough time to see them all.

I was distracted by...
The Myer Christmas Windows.

I am anticipating another trip to Town on Christmas Eve when I hope to get a better look at the Windows entitled "Christmas Uncancelled".





2 comments:

  1. I was in Melbourne on Thursday, so see my son for his birthday. I found out about the urban blooms displays on Friday. That was disappointing, as I had to spend a lot of time in the city hanging round waiting for him when I could have been looking at the floral displays! Thanks for the photos, anyway. It gives me some idea what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that I missed getting ti see all of this! I was so crazy busy even as lockdown restrictions eased that I've barely had a chance to do anything fun.

    ReplyDelete