29 January 2021

Tool for a Job

 They say "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" 


and I needed to come up with a Cheap and Easy replacement for these!

At $15.00 (AUD) for a pack of 12 they are out of my price range for something that doesn't last all that long.

Also, having to go out and source them or wait for the Postie... when I was on a roll with my Hexies I needed an alternative fast.


So - what do I have in the Sewing room?

Double Sided Sticky Tape from my Scrapbook Project. 
($1.00 a Roll from most $2 Shops.)

And Some Faux Suede and or Leather offcuts that date back to when I was making Soft Toys.

(Also just a few $$ if you buy a minimum cut or a Craft Square.)


It certainly has done the Job.
No more Punctured fingers!!

The Suede is soft enough to not notice I am wearing the Pad, and the tape peels off easily and is re-stickable.  
And when it does stop sticking, I just replace the pad or the tape!


Now if I could just convince my Hand Model to finish those Flowers......



1 comment:

  1. Very clever!

    I can't find my double-sided stickytape roll, so need to get some more. I didn't think of looking in a $2 shop - so thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete