18 July 2021

Constantly playing Catch up.

In my defense - My Laptop has died! So - This post is being brought to you by...

My Mother's very ancient and never used Dell Inspiron which is running Windows 7.  
It's a long story involving DB, a Nephew that moved to Darwin and a Mother that is a HUGE technophobe.

We are in Lock down - AGAIN. Version 5.0 and the shops are shut for anything other than Click and Collect. So what better time to work out if I actually need a new 'you beaut, all the whistles and bells' computer just to write my Blog?


The poor thing has no programs to speak of other than Office 2010 so I will have to find a photo editing program that will actually work on Windows 7.  Maybe there is something in the "Great Stack of Useless" before they go to Recycle?

I suppose that this experiment will also help with the Other question which is "What do I do with a 14 year old laptop that is basically in Mint Condition!"

The Verdict?
It is actually a nice machine with a large non reflective screen.  I think it will certainly make a very good back-up for Word processing and Internet searching and watching Tutorial Videos in the Sewing Room. And the odd 'Instagram Style' Blog Post.


1 comment: